Psilocybin[a] (/ˌsaɪləˈsaɪbɪn/ sy-lə-SY-bin) is a naturally occurring psychedelic prodrug compound produced by more than 200 species of mushrooms, collectively known as psilocybin mushrooms.
In general, the effects include euphoria, visual and mental hallucinations, changes in perception, a distorted sense of time, and spiritual experiences, and can also include possible adverse reactions such as nausea and panic attacks.
The amount you take is directly related to the intensity of the effect you feel. Each person will also react differently to psilocybin.
1 gram of dried mushrooms tends to be an average large starting dose. We do not recommend consuming more than 1 gram of dried mushroom on your first experience.
Wait at least 1-2 hours before consuming more mushrooms as the effects may take time to set in.
Psilocybin can be consumed in many forms.
The most common way to consume psilocybin is to eat raw dried mushroom. These mushrooms are safe to eat and can be combined with other food, or in a smoothie. A peanut butter sandwich is one of the most popular ways to consume raw dried mushrooms.